🗓️ Thursday 1st – Saturday 3rd June 2023
See Swanage’s Sandpit Field transformed by a sprinkling of fairy dust and a whole lot of mermaid magic during the Swanage Fairy Festival.
It’s a feast of colour with mischievous pixies, swashbuckling pirates, magical mermaids and of course beautiful fairies – find them dotted about the craft stalls or waiting to tell stories and sing special fairy songs to enchant their listeners.
If you’ve ever wondered what it would be like to be a real fairy, look no further – there’s everything you need to dress the part, from handmade flower fairy dresses, crowns and wings, to enchanting face paints and temporary tattoos. You can even pick up a magic wand and some fairy dust to cast your own spectacular spells.
There’s plenty for grown-ups at the Fairy Festival, too – craft stalls, tarot readings, and a drinks bar including summery cocktails, alongside a delicious range of food stalls, from local bubble waffles & ice cream to authentic Indian cuisine and Italian stone-baked pizzas.
Sit on the grass overlooking Swanage Bay and take in the atmosphere as the kids try their hand in the circus skills workshop or let off steam at the interactive bubble disco, and watch their faces light up in wonder at the underwater mermaid spectacular with Mermaid Cove’s huge water tank.
More enchanting entertainment and fairy frolics include:
- Superheroes vs fairy game show – who will win this magical game show?
- Pirate antics – including balloon modelling and pirate show
- Mermaid magic – watch the mermaids hula hooping skills and listen to their enchanting songs
- Meet & greet – have your photo taken with your favourite fairy
- Storytelling & craft – discover some new fairy stories and make a fairy wand in the main marquee, with Swanage Library & friends
- Magic show – be wowed by the magician taking centre stage in the marquee
There’s a different theme each day, each with their own workshops and entertainment – choose your favourite or visit them all.
Tickets are £7 per person, with under-threes going free.
- Thursday 1 June – Pirates & Mermaids
- Friday 2 June – Fantasy Creatures
- Saturday 3 June – Superheroes & Princesses
Full details and ticket information can be found on the festival’s website: www.swanagefairyfestival.com
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Traders’ enquiries – Contact form here: www.swanagefairyfestival.com/traders