🗓️ Monday 28th August 2023
Head to Harman’s Cross for a traditional village fete this bank holiday weekend.
The ever-popular annual fete offers a great range of craft stalls, food & drink, and a Flower & Produce stall showcasing a range of home-grown talent.
There’s also live music, kids’ entertainment and traditional lawn games for a fun, family day out.
Children can also enjoy the village’s adventure playground, which is adjacent to the fete.
All proceeds from the day go to the vibrant hub of Harman’s Cross – its village hall, and its chosen charities.
Highlights for 2023
- Live music from JDJ Band
- Family entertainment with Jamie Jigsaw
- Traditional Flower & Produce Show
- Children’s games & bouncy castle
- Dog display
- BBQ & homemade cakes
- Bar & café
- Community & local business stalls
- Books & bric-a-brac stalls
- Accessories for sale including jewellery, handbags & scarves
- Refreshments & Purbeck Ice Cream
- Grand raffle & tombola (2023 raffle charity: Mosaic. Raffle draw takes place at 4:30pm)
- Entry (adults) – £2.50 (cash only)
- Entry (kids) – Free
- Dogs – Well-behaved dogs are welcome (free)
- Location – Harman’s Cross Village Hall & field
- Parking – Free on-site parking (or come by train on the Swanage Railway)
Flower & Produce Show
The flower and produce show at Harman’s Cross Fete is open to everyone, including residents and visitors, adults and children.
- Section One: Vegetables – Four cups available to win in general veg classes, plus novelty classes including Longest Runner Beach & Monster Vegetable
- Section Tw0: Flowers – The coveted Purbeck Cup will be awarded for the most outstanding exhibit
- Section Three: Pot Plants – Opportunities for a range of potted plants including cactus or succulent, geranium & fuchsia
- Section Four: Fruit – The Fruit Cup will be awarded for this season’s most outstanding exhibit
- Section Five: Floral Art – Three awards available to win – Flower Arrangement Trophy, Floral Cup & Posy Bowl, with specialised classes such as A Floral Buttonhole, Unusual Container & Rhapsody in Blue
- Section Six: Home Produce – A category for homemade jams, marmalades & chutneys; sausage rolls & flans; savoury scones; fresh eggs and honey, as well as various cakes, including some with special supplied HXVH Fete recipes
- Section Seven: Craft Work – A range of classes for various craft disciplines, including knitting, embroidery, textiles, woodwork, metalwork, pottery and artwork
- Section Eight: Children – There are three cups up for grabs in the children’s section with fun classes such as Edible Necklace, Decorated Pebble, Decorated Wellington Boot, Recycled Robot and Vegetable Monster
Find the full list of classes, competition rules and Show Programme on the HXVH website: www.harmanscrosshall.co.uk/docs/
(Note that entry forms for 2023 must be submitted by 5pm on Thursday 24 August.)
- Set up/add your exhibit – Between 7:30am – 9:45am on the morning of the show
- Judging – 10am (Tent will be closed for judging)
- Show tent open to public – 1:30pm
- Prize-giving – 4:15pm
- Sale of produce – 4:45pm
How to enter your produce
Download a Flower & Produce entry form from Harman’s Cross village hall’s website: www.harmanscrosshall.co.uk/Annual-Field-Day-Fayre/
- One entry per class
- Entry fee (adults) – 50p per class
- Entry fee (children) – 25p per class