🗓️ Every Saturday
Join this friendly, free 5k at Durlston for a way to get out in nature and get some exercise, with superb views from Swanage’s cliff-top country park.
You can run, jog or walk this fun community event – come each week, or just when you feel like it, or join in if you’re visiting the area.
It’s a welcoming group with a relaxed vibe, which tends to gather at the park’s Seventhwave Café in Durlston Castle for a post-parkrun coffee (and cake – you’ve earned it!)
Note that children under 11 must be accompanied by an adult.
Spectators and non-participating volunteers are also welcome.
- When – Every Saturday at 9am
- Where – Meet outside Durlston Castle. Postcode: BH19 2JL
- Registration – You only need to register once via the Parkrun website to get your scannable code: www.parkrun.org.uk/register/?eventName=durlstoncountrypark
The 5k parkrun at Durlston is a pleasant mix of trail and permanent paths (shared with the general public).
The country park’s terrain has some hilly elements and there are various loops that make up the route – all offering fantastic sea views and interesting scenery, part of which is along the South West Coast Path.
The route will be clearly way-marked by signs and/or marshals.
The course comprises three sections:
- Tilly Whim Loop – Completed twice clockwise, heading west
- The Castle Loop – Twice anti-clockwise, heading east
- The Isle of Wight ‘Out and Back’ – Once, with a small anti-clockwise loop at the turnaround
Route order: Tilly Whim – Castle – Isle of Wight – Tilly Whim – Castle
For full route details, visit the Durlston Parkrun web page: www.parkrun.org.uk/durlstoncountrypark/
Drinking water taps are available and there are loos and a café at the castle.
Volunteer at Durlston Parkrun
The parkrun is entirely volunteer-run, so any one-off or regular volunteering is much appreciated.
Find out more and get involved: www.parkrun.org.uk/durlstoncountrypark/volunteer/
Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.