🗓️ Sunday 6th August 2023
Calling all Dorset dogs (and holidaying hounds!) – the Margaret Green Rescue Centre summer Country Dog Show is back.
Humans and their furry friends are invited to take part in a range of fun classes – the top five in each one will win a coveted rosette.
Classes include Waggiest Tail, Most Appealing Eyes, Prettiest Girl & Most Handsome Boy, Golden Oldie, and Dog the Judge Would Most Like to Take Home (don’t worry – they won’t!)
Classes are separated into a male and a female ring, with the exception of Best Child Handler, in which any dog can enter.
Gates open at 11am, with the first class commencing at 11.30am. The day ends at 6pm.
The annual Country Dog Show is a fun day out for both dogs and their humans, with a range of stalls and entertainment throughout the day.
- Dog activities, including flyball & have-a-go-agility course
- Doggy Lucky Dip – sniff out the best prize
- Doggy pre-loved stall, because even pups love a bargain
- Professional photography session for you and your human
- Cool-down zone – a place to hang out, cool off and stay hydrated throughout the day
- Live music
- Tombola & raffle – with cash prizes, gifts and a dog-friendly stay at nearby Burnbake
- Birds of Prey demonstration
- Children’s activities including face-painting
- Hot & cold food and refreshments
- Local stall holders
Tickets & entry
Pay on the gate for entry into the show.
- Adult – £5
- Child (under 12) – £2
- Dogs – free to attend, £2 to enter each class
There’s plenty of on-site parking in the field.
Find out more about the event and the centre’s animal rescue work on their website: www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk/CountryDogShow2023
How to get there
📍Margaret Green Animal Rescue, Church Knowle, Wareham, Dorset, BH20 5NQ
Whether you’re arriving from Swanage or Wareham via the A351, simply turn down the road at the bottom of Corfe Castle toward Tyneham & Kimmeridge.
The village of Church Knowle is about a mile-and-a-half from Corfe, and the animal rehoming centre is at the end of the village on your left, just past the playground.