🗓️ Sunday 10th December 2023
Bring your family to watch or take part in Wareham’s annual Christmas Parade.
The town tradition, which has been going strong for over 60 years, is a festive community event that is free to attend.
Children can also meet Father Christmas in his Santa’s Grotto and there will be refreshments available in Wareham Town Hall.
- Parade meeting point – North Street, by the King’s Arms pub
- Meet time – 3pm – 3.30pm
- Parade start – Circa 4.45pm
To enter the parade
Everyone is welcome to join the Christmas Parade – and organisers want as many local schools, clubs, organisations and businesses to take part to make it even bigger and better than ever.
It’s free to enter – simply register online before the day.
Visit the Christmas in Wareham website for a parade entry form, route and full information: christmasinwareham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/Parade-Invitation-2023.pdf
The event is collecting donations on the day to ensure that no child wakes up on Christmas Day without a present.
Items should be in new or good condition and brought to the town hall.
Donations can include:
- Cuddly toys, teddies or knitted dolls
- Toys such as Lego, balls or skipping ropes
- Cosy outdoor clothes likes hats and gloves
- Arts & crafts materials or colouring books & pencils
- Edible, wrapped treats like chocolate and sweets
- Toiletries such toothbrush, toothpaste, flannels and soap
- Gift bags and boxes
Volunteer & spread the Christmas cheer
If you can help volunteer on the day the Christmas in Wareham team are looking for:
- Road marshals
- Parade walkers
- Help with refreshments in the town hall
- Generally spreading Christmas cheer!
To take part, email: Sixmaschair@gmail.com